The Chinese Bridge · 2017 Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreigners Across the Globe will be cosponsored by the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) and China Central Television and undertaken by the Chinese International Channel of China Central Television (CCTV-4).
After nine seasons, the Chinese Bridge · 2017 Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreigners Across the Globe has become a large cultural competition program which will be delivered by Chinese International Channel of China Central Television (CCTV-4)during the prime time thissummer to the global audience. This season, the competition will continue to enlarge the scope of target participants on the basis of the prior seasons and attract foreigners who loving Chinese from across the world, regardless of age and occupation, to register the competition. For this purpose, this year’s competition will further diversify forms and contents of the competition and make the elements more interesting. Moreover, the competition will set a broad range of links, including online registration, mass election, multimedia presentation of participants’ calibers and profiles, and “Chinese Talent” online competition; intermediary competition, final of the “Group Competition” and “Individual Competition” recorded by the television channel; and the grand “General Award Ceremony" celebration. With these links, the competition will allow all teams and contestants registering the event to achieve the senses of participation, honors and awards with their “strengths” and feel the cultural charm of “Learning Chinese, Understanding China” through the competition and learning at the Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreigners Across the Globe this year.
The followings are the rules of registration and organization of the competition:
1. Registration time: June 6 – June 25, 2017
2. Registration channel: Log on the official website of the Chinese Bridge • 2017 Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreigners Across the Globe: www.hqhy.tv.
3. Registration contents: Fill the registration form, submit a personal video file of 3 minutes (the video content is to present the “Chinese Talent” of the contestant, including singing, dancing, poem, traditional Chinese opera, instrumental music, Chinese folk art, Chinese marital art, craftwork and other “talent” expertise).
4. Registration condition: Foreigners whose mother languages are not Chinese, regardless of age (an applicant aged below 18 shall be attended by his or her guardian) and regardless of occupation. Any person without Chinese nationality can register the competition, if he or she loves Chinese, talks and communicates in Chinese, understands the Chinese culture, and loves Chinese arts and skills.
II. Form of Participation
The Chinese Bridge • 2017 Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreigners Across the Globe includes the “Group Competition” and the “Individual Competition”. Followings are concrete ways to sign up:
1. The “Group Competition” shall be registered in the name of an organizing entity (such as XXX School, XXX Institute, Organization, Company or Enterprise). Every team shall contain three contestants, and the organizing entity shall complete the preliminary selection and organize uniform registration.
2. To sign up for the “Individual Competition”, any applicant, regardless of country, region or institution, can log on the official website of the “Chinese Bridge • 2017 Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreigners Across the Globe” to register.
3. Any applicant signing up for the “Group Competition” and the “Individual Competition” shall satisfy the “Registration condition” set forth by item I of this Notice and submit the “registration content” required.
4. If the school, institution or organization has organized the registration of the “Group Competition”, it can simultaneously convene and organize applicants to sign up for the “Individual Competition”.
III. Grouping Method and Date of “Group Competition”
1. Universities within the territory of China and Confucius Institutes in foreign countries can select three contestants with the greatest comprehensive strengths from respective university or institution on their own, build a team and sign up for the competition.
2. An institution, company, enterprise or social organization can organize one team to participate in the “Group Competition”. Contestants shall meet the registration condition, and relevant organizing entity shall guarantee personal reputations and qualifications of contestants, and select three contestants to build one team and participate in the competition, as instructed by the staff of the Preliminary Competition Organizing Committee of the Competition.
3. The entrant teams for the "Group Competition" will undergo evaluation and selection conducted by the Preliminary Competition Organizing Committee of the Competition, and the shortlist produced thereby will be published on the official website.
4. Schools, universities and organizations shall organize teams and participate in the “Group Competition” in respective name, names of participating teams will be presented on the competition site, broadcast subtitle and oral broadcast. The participating teams can print their names on the apparels uniformly designated for the competition.
5. Contestants of a team winning an award at the “Group Competition" will be directly qualified for the “Individual Competition”. The awards include 1 Gold Award (3 persons), 2 Silver Awards (6 persons) and 3 Bronze Awards (9 persons).
6. Videos will be recorded for the “Group Competition” from July 12 to July 21, 2017, and the entire competition will take a total of eight days.
IV. Individual Competition
1. To sign up for the “Individual Competition”, an applicant shall log on the official website of the competition, fill the registration form pursuant to relevant requirement and submit a 3-minute personal video.
2. The Competition welcomes people from different circles at home and abroad to actively recommend contestants, and the staff of the Competition will be available for contact by email or phone to provide the recommendation method. The Competition will award referrals (based on promotion levels of contestants recommended).
3. After signing up for the “Individual Competition”, a contestant will first participate in the online preliminary competition for “mass election” of the Competition, including basic written examination and interview. After the preliminary competition scheduled to take place on June 26-28, the Organizing Committee of the Competition will announce the list of promoted contestants on the official website.
4. If a contestant fails to win the qualification for the “Individual Competition”, the 3-minute “Chinese Talent” video file the contestant has provided will uniformly participate in the video exhibition and rating of the “Chinese Talent Online Competition”, which will cover all contestants signing up for the Competition. Award winners will be promoted to the “Individual Competition” with the same qualification and granted awards at the award ceremony of the Competition. (Note: the score of awards will not be recorded repeatedly for the contestants promoted to the “Individual Competition” who only enjoy the honor)
5. The TV program of the “Individual Competition” will be recorded during July 23-August 1, 2017. The entire competition will last eight days, and contestants shall assure the participation in the Competition and video recording time.
6. The “Individual Competition” will set 1 Gold Award, 2 Silver Awards and 3 Bronze Awards. Award winners shall actively receive the invitation of Chinese International Channel of China Central Television (CCTV-4) to produce other programs.
Individuals and media are welcomed to transmit and publish the aforesaid notice.
Chinese Bridge · 2017 Chinese Proficiency Competition for Foreigners
Official Website: www.hqhy.tv
Wechat Public Account: Global Chinese
Mobile Phone Number of Contact Person:
Zhuang Zhongxing: +86-10-18911535551
Wang Shiyin: +86-10-15270530077
Huang Ali: +86-10-15618757308
Gao Rui: +86-10-18701396849
Chinese Bridge · 2017 Chinese Proficiency Competition
for Foreigners Across the Globe
June 15, 2017